Tuesday, April 14, 2009

So excited today!

GOOD MORNING DORIS!

WOO HOO! I re-connected with a dear, sweet, long time friend who helped me through my darkest, painful days back in 98-99. I got her phone number and phoned her today and we talked for 45 mintues. It was so nice to talk again and I hope we can get to meet up before I go on vacation next month.


And speaking of vacation, we are going down tonight to talk to the travel agent and make some reservations. Sadly British Airways won't be flying back in until 31 May which is after I plan to be outta here so I'll have to decide what else to fly. So I'm thinking of maybe leaving here on Wednesday the 27th or Thursday the 28th, I would like to be home by Friday the 29th so I can try again to renew my already expired driver's license so I can go new car shopping. WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO.


Now and the downside of this morning, DH called from work and wanted to double check my dr. appointments for next week because he MIGHT HAVE TO GO ON A BUSINESS TRIP, GRRRRRRRRRR.


The inside of my arm is a pretty brown & green today from where they took blood on Saturday. My tooth hole is healing I guess, so by the time I go back on Monday to get the other tooth pulled, this one I hope will be healed so I can eat.

Still no stitching.

I did a 2 mile Walk Away The Pounds video then re started it to do another mile walk. I need to get back upstairs and do the strength training, I'm slipping on that. And if my scales are right, I lost another 1.5-2 pounds. I'm not confirming that as a fact yet though.


Today's SparkPeople Day at a Glance Calendar note for today:
Swap whole for white--grains that is. White flour, bread, rice and pasta are highly processed and low in nutrients. Whole grain varieties are packed with nutrients, fiber and filling power.

TTFN

3 comments:

Velda said...

wooohoooo I'm SO glad you're coming HOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMME!!!!!!!!!

Kristin said...

So have you figured out how to bring home that purple dumpster yet?

Glad you got a date set...and glad you reconnected with a friend.

Doris said...

Robin - I am so happy you reconnected with your old friend. My grandmother said *old friends are gold - new friends are silver. Both are precious*

I am getting excited about you coming home. I like knowing you are on this side of the ocean.


Take care, friend.

Doris