Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

HI DORIS!

Happy Easter dear readers and lurkers. I hope you all have a wonderful day. I made up this Easter "dish" for DH. Yeah, I know those are Halloween ghost peeps, I forgot to tell DD to get me some Easter ones last year and forgot again this year, so we'll have Ghost peeps again next Easter as well, LOL. I did have a PAAS dye kit on hand though. Notice I said this is DH's EAster plate, that is becuase I have to go to the dentist tonight to get two teeth pulled, one on either side of my lower mouth. How fun! I just hope THIS TIME HE USES ENOUGH NOVICANE TO KEEP MY MOUTH NUMB FOR THE WHOLE PROCEDURE! Geeze, he did give me novicane last week for the gum cleaning thing but not enough to keep my mouth numb for the whole procedure. By the time I got out of the chair, it had worn off completely.

Spark People Daily desk calendar note for the weekend:
You can enjoy a handful (about 25) small jelly beans for 100 calories. Remember that one handful can easily turn into two or three, so enjoy your portion and then keep your hands out of the candy basket. That is easy here, EAster is FORBIDDEN and they wait for at least a week then they put the EXPENSIVE IMPORTED Easter candy out on the store shelves. They do that on purpose.
Haven't stitched since I finished my cute Coffee project
Had 2 MAJOR scares at the diabetes dr. yesterday. First I got the results from my blood tests from last week, the were all good and he was pleased, however, my A1C test (some sort of test that measures glucose levels for the past 3 months) said 11%! Now that puts my blood glucose levels OVER 300 EVERY DAY and at almost death level. I have NOT HAD A GLUCOSE READING OVER 180 in WEEKS! One day it was 191 but that is because I had pasta for dinner. That number reading was so totally off, he looked at my blood glucose monitor and saw my numbers and said the test was so wrong and how could that be! So I had to re do the blood test and the reading was more like 6.9 which he considered good. We both breathed a sigh of relief. He was going to file a HUGE complaint with the lab.
Then there wasn't a thyroid test on the results so he sent me to do that. That is where the second scare came in. Had the blood test, left the lab, my abaya (that black ninja style bathrobe like thing women wear) sleeve was wet and I kept pulling it away from my arm. Pulled up the sleeve to find out why it was wet, my arm was all bloody, the band aid was soaked to overflowing down my arm! That has NEVER happened, so I calmly went back to the lab. I could feel my heart racing and my arm hurt. Mind you, I have a GREAT vein in my left arm, it just sticks out real pretty so there should have been no problem. I am NOT a bleeder either, so the lab nurse cleaned me up, pressed an alcohol pad on my arm then another band aid and it stopped. Now the bend in my arm is purple, green & blue, yeah I know for Easter. That was VERY scary!@ I kept checking it all the way home.
My blood results are Uric acid numbers are down, HDL Cholesterol is down, LDL numbers are down, Total cholesterol is down to low, Liver and Kidney function is fine and Triglyceride is up just a tiny bit. He said he is pleased with the 2 kg weight loss but I still need to lose more. Yep, I know and I'm trying. I exercise in some form every single day and have kept it up, if I don't it's only hurting me and no one else.
Still no summer plane reservations.
The Yankees are 4-2, WOO HOO. They are doing fair, I have tried to watch the games on my MLB TV but it is messed up to where it skips, freezes and the picture quality is beyond horrible, so I watch the games on the Yahoo game channel.
Have a GREAT day.

3 comments:

Doris said...

Hi Robin -- Happy Easter to you and your DH. Your Easter plate is very festive. A Peep is a Peep even if it is an Easter ghost!! Have a good day, my friend.

Doris

Velda said...

Happy Easter Robin! I love the eggs :) and the ghosts lol...sorry about your arm, ick! Hope you can get a reservation soon! love ya!

Kristin said...

Happy Easter!

Glad to hear all your (real) blood test numbers were so good!