Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thank you

Thank you friends for your gentle hugs & support, it means a lot. I know it has to be hard on my DH to have to deal with this by himself and it is going to feel strange when I go back next(SOB) month.

Well the dr.'s office FINALLY called me back today after 3 days of calling them and said there was a mix up and the paper got put back in my file instead of being sent to a nutritionist, BUT they DID call the one at the hospital and she is supposed to call me. Well that was 3 hours ago and no call yet. Sorry but I can't sit home all day tomorrow waiting for her to call. I'll just muddle along.
I guess I've done something right because I've lost 9 lbs but it has taken almost 2 months. I don't know WHERE the weight went, I'm still the same measurements I was before.

My parents will be here on Sunday for a week, so it should be fun trying to feed them real food rather than what I eat since they are diabetics. I also won't be on the computer much, they just 'get' it. (Yep Velda, Priscilla & Amy are coming, I will tell them you love the lamps) So I will revert to being 16 years old again for a week.
Monday is Spa day, last month my DD & I went to the outlet center for a "Diva Day" thing and I entered a contest for either a day at the spa & full make over, or a day spa treatment for 7 of my friends or a full make over. I WON the day spa treatment for 7 of my friends! So the lady is coming to the house on Monday morning and we'll to the spa treatment thing, that will be FUN!

My niece wants to go to the ocean one day, outlet shopping another day then we'll have to take the grandparents to see their Grandson & great-grandson one day (more shopping). I know we will have a lot of fun.

Then 5 days after they leave, DH comes HOME and things get busy. Sadly that means my vacation will be over and it will be time to go back to hell. WHERE HAS THE SUMMER GONE?

Oh, just for the record, I've been home since May 30 with every opportunity to jump in the car and go to the corner store for cigarettes but HAVEN'T. I am damn proud of myself for that. There have been several trying days here that I have craved one but didn't bother. too much of a hastle to get in the car, hope it starts & drive out to town.

Go Yankees.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Congrats on the weight loss. HUGE CONGRATS on the no smoking. And I hope the little time you have left goes well.

Chris said...

Congrats on the not caving!
Congrats on the weight loss. 2 months for 9 lbs ain't bad...took me almost a year to lose the final 10.
Enjoy the family time!

Tammy said...

I'm so proud of you losing the 9lbs. Surprisingly your numbers have stayed the same... that is unusual.

Kudos to you for not caving and buying cigarettes.

Have fun with your spa day and family.

Raven/Missy said...

Congrats on the weight loss and the continued no smoking, that is great! I hope the nutritionist calls soon!