Monday, June 9, 2008

Ick!

It finally warmed up, to 97 yesterday and I don't have a/c, or I didn't have a decent one until yesterday. My DS was here so I asked him to put in my tiny window unit. It only cools down this room about 5 degrees so it's not really all that great unless you sit right in front of it. So he said no he wouldn't put it in unless I went and got a new one that acutally was the right size for this room, then he would put it in. so off we went to WalMart and got a new 9,900 BTU a/c unit. He installed it and it does cool this place better than the old one. so now I don't have to suffer with this menopause hot flashes during the miserable heat here in the boonie mountains. We don't get much breeze up here when it's hot either.

I was browsing the What's New pages on a few ONS today and what a hoot these are, I love them. http://www.abcstitch.com/designers_php/designers.php?category=Jill%20Holmes

I finished up a needleroll that I need to mail and started another cute summer design.

I recieved a needleroll for an exchange: I LOVE it!


The hornets & wasps are back again and building nests all over the eaves of the house. The nests are way out of reach of me trying to spray them though. They are even building nests in the little porch lights we have.
I haven't cooked much at all now that I am home but the other day I made my Spinach Lasagna roll ups Friday night and I fixed some burritos last night. My "DIL" loves the way I fix my burritos & southwestern lasagna. I made some jello too, I love to eat jello in the summer.

3 comments:

Velda said...

LOL sister mary menopause, I know I shouldn't laugh...I'm glad you got a bigger a/c, we did that a couple years ago, made SO much difference. You'll have to explain your lasagna spinach rollups to me, they sound yummy. I have bad mother-memories with jello, I won't eat it anymore.

Karan said...

Love those nuns! LMAO
Gorgeous needleroll too.
Wish we had a/c in homes in the UK - we've only got it in our car & it's a blessing in hot weather. Shame I can't sit in the car all day when it's hot! ;0)

Stitchingranny said...

what a pretty NR.

Glad you got your ac sorted