Thursday, July 3, 2008

Long time no chat.

It's the start of the 4th of July Holiday here, I have nothing what so ever planned. The tourists have come and all the driveways on my road that are empty most of the year have cars in them now, so it will be a busy, noisy weekend.

I don't post as often as I should because not much happens when I'm on vacation. My olderst Grandson stayed with me for a few days last week we had fun doing things around the house. He will be back again next week for another week.

I made a 6 day trip to visit my parents in NY and got to see my friend Velda. We had a WONDERFUL TIME and she got her lamps. I was so excited to give her lamps to her and lots of other fun stuff too. I'll post pictures later.
I finally got to meet my Grand Nephew Ryan and he is a cutie! He looks exactly like his mommy and with some facial expressions looks like my daughter when she was a baby.
My other niece who had gastric bypass looks FANTASTIC! She looks like a whole other person. My sister is doing great too and we had a GREAT time together.

My DS got his drivers license back! I am SOOOOOOOO happy for him, it means so much. He is also off probation too so he is a free man! Sadly though he is now struggling with high blood pressure and is trying to keep it under control without having to go on medication. He has had to cut out a lot of food and beverages he loves and has lost so much weight that he really doesn't need to loose.

Our garage still isn't done but they said they would be here next week to finish it.
I had some mold remediation work done. Last summer I had tests done for mold in the house and the guy said it was high in the upstairs and he didn't like the way the wall looked downstairs so he came in and cleaned it up. He had to take part of the ceiling down around the fireplace in the living room and spray that down and part of the wall in the downstairs room and spray that. That cost more than we had anticipated but it's done and we're all clean here now.

It's been raining most every day here. A few days have been nice but it seems if it gets over 78 in the house I get so uncomfortable. I did get a new window a/c unit that does a much better job of keeping the place cool. I've tried to stimulate the economy here by shopping, LOL.

I haven't stitched that much, I finished up a Summer exchange piece, a Needleroll for an exchange, and Velda got her Pals project that I finished into a cube. (I need to post pictures of these things.) Now I need to finish one more project for an exchange and mail that off.

I miss my husband and my furbabies but it's nice not to have to cook every day.
The Yankees suck this year, they are not going very well. I did subscribe to MLB.TV so I can watch their games every day. This weekend they play Boston so I will get to watch the games live.

I have had a couple days where I just sit on the couch and channel surf all day. It's not fun to do much else when all it's doing outside is raining.

That's about all for this update. I'll post some things later.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Glad to see your having fun while home. Enjoy the grandbabies!
Just think how glad the furbabies will be to see you when you get back over there.

Velda said...

I think it's great that you have not much to do, sit back and enjoy it my friend!

Happy 4th!!!!!!