Friday, January 22, 2010

It's official--I guess-MAY BE OFFENSIVE

THIS POST MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME VIEWERS, ESPECIALLY MEN AND WOMEN OF CHILD BEARING YEARS.

So it's now been 12 months, 370 days and 54 weeks since the last start and end of my last period! So I guess that officially makes me menopausal and can't have any more babies. That is kind of sad but at the same time woo hoo, no more surprises! I do not know if this came about naturally, if it was caused by thyroid problems that brought on the diabetes or if it was caused by diabetes that brought on thyroid problems. I do not know if the hot flashes and night sweats are caused my menopause OR if they are the HUGE HIGH spikes in my blood glucose levels that I can't seem go get under control. Either way WOO HOO!

And yes, I still can't get the diabetes under control. I guess gaining the 10lbs over the summer caused my blood glucose levels to go up and not come down. I DO watch what I eat, I DO exercise but the weight just is not coming off. The same 3-4 lbs comes and goes on a monthly basis but I just can't seem to get rid of it permanently.

Stitching? Nope. Haven't stitched a thing since before Christmas. I think about it every day though. I haven't even visited most of my favourite message boards or browsed the new patterns, can you believe that?

That is my story for today

2 comments:

Karan said...

I went the certain route: had my ovaries taken out, along with the large cyst attached to one of them, just before Christmas. Power surges are manageable & I've been HD'ing ever since. AND I'm saving a small fortune every month. :0)
Hope you manage to get your sugars back under control soon & start to lose the weight again.

Kristin said...

Sorry your diabetes is still giving you fits. {{{Hugs}}}