Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another week in Paradise

My father went home from the hospital last week. He has blocked arteries that are in such a place that they can't get to and do anything with so he has to be careful. They gave him blood thinners and he almost blead out. He told the nurses he was having a miscarriage, at least he still had humor. He had to have 4 units of blood. So now they have to figure out what they can do for him. He said he has too much left to do in his life to give up.

I was doing so well losing weight but I guess I set my hopes too high. I gained back 3 pounds in 2 weeks and I can really feel it. I sucks. I have watched what I ate, exercised and tracked everything. I'm just wondering if lowering my thyroid pill dosage has had something to do with it. I need to talk to my dr. about that. I'll just have to work harder.

One more week until I go home. It's kind of mixed feelings now, kind of bugged about leaving DH behind (for those of you that know the story) but yet I want to go home and drive, smell fresh air, and not have to rush around the store every time I go. I want to hug my kids & grand kids, I want to see my family & friends.

I'm working on a SAL project and hopefully I can get it done soon.

SparkPeople Day at a Glance Calendar page:
May is Better Sleep Month. Turn your back to the clock. Studies show that watching the clock when you're in bed makes you more anxious and less able to fall asleep. Move the clock so that you can't see it when drifting off.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Sending good thoughts for your Dad. Dont let the three pounds get you down...You have done an awesome job losing weight and getting healthy and I am sure you will lose those three pounds again soon. Wishing you a speedy and safe flight back home :)

Doris said...

Hi Robin, sorry about those 3 pounds. It could be from stress and/or excitement about your upcoming trip home. I wouldn't worry too much about three pounds.

Your Dad has a wonderful outlook. I hope he does well.

Love ya, and I'll talk later.

Doris

Karan said...

Your Dad is a real fighter & that's half the battle. Still sending healing thoughts. Don't let the weight gain fret you - it happens to all of us at some point along the way. Just keep on doing what you are doing & it'll come right! :0)

Kristin said...

Hoping and praying they find a way to help your dad.

And, don't let 3 lbs get you down. YOU are doing fabulously in the weight department.