Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thanks for your help everyone who checked my blog for me today. Obviously it works now, LOL. Thanks for your supportive words to, they mean a lot!

It's been a BUSY couple of weeks, but I guess I've adjusted to my new way of life, eating that is. 6 out of 7 days I'm good and stick to what I should. So far 2 weeks of taking my thyroid pills my blood pressure has gone down significantly, I have lost 4 lbs, I walk 2 miles 4 times a week, sometimes 5, I do cardio work outs, I eat lots of fruits & vegetables, fish & tofu. I am supposed to go back the last week in August for more blood work and I will make a point to ask for a nutritionist or explain my food better.

I haven't stitched in over a month but DD & I went to my LNS the other day and I bought a couple skiens of floss & a piece of fabric.

I got my hair cut for Locks Of Love last week & had it highlighted a few days ago. My picture was in the weekly tourist newspaper.

I will do more updating at a later date, my daughter & grandson have been here with me all week but will be leaving tomorrow.

5 comments:

Christina said...

Congrats on sticking to your diet and workout. Hope your next appointment goes bettet. I would defintely ask for a nutritionist.

Velda said...

Good for you! Send me some of your stick-to-it-ness please lol....

Say hi to B for me hon!

Kristin said...

Way to go Robin! I am glad you are sounding so much more positive than last time. Hurry up and stitch. You do wonderful work.

Tammy said...

I'm glad to hear you've been adjusting to your new eating. It is a challenge at the best of times. I'm extremely happy to hear your blood pressure has gone down! Keep up the great work.

Big hugs,

Stitchingranny said...

So glad you are finding foods that you can eat and I am sure a nutritionist will be a great help. The walking and excercise will help a great deal too. Good luck with this new regime you sound very determined and that can only be a good thing.