Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's just not a good day

First I get the e-mail from my husband that my Oreos baby went over Rainbow Bridge during the night. He found her on the floor on my side of the bed in front of my nightstand, she hadn't laid there in years. He says he was looking for me to tell me good bye.

Then I pick up my bloodwork results from the dr's office and it isn't a whole lot better than last month. Not a bit. So all this change of diet, no bread, rice, potatoes, low sodium, low carb, low calorie, walking, 6 lb weight loss and nothing moved. My thyroid numbers went up or whatever isn't good, blood sugar levels are still high. The nurse practioner called me this evening and told me that my dr. wants to up my thyroid meds and I need to repeat my bloodwork in a month. Whoopie, and that will do what good? It will be too late to do anything by then since I have to go back overseas a week later. It just seems so fustrating right now. I did however manage to ask if she could get me in to see a nutritionist and she said she will do that first thing in the morning.
On the bright side I guess is that my eyes are still good. She said they did look better than last year so I guess that is something positive.

Yankees are playing Boston for 3 days so I'll get to see the games at least. I bought a Yankee shirt in WalMart today, it was on sale for $7.00. It's the interlocking NY with the Red, White & Blue colors that were on their hats during the 4th of July games. I was excited. I got a couple Christmast presents for my husband too. Whoopie.

They started working on the back of my house today. they got almost 1/2 way up from the bottom done. It looks good so far. Can't wait for it to be done.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty. HUGS

Arrrrrgh on the bloodwork results. Frustrating after all your work.

No comment on the baseball series....

Kristin said...

I'm sorry the loss of your kitty was compounded by the frustration of your bloodwork.

Tammy said...

So sorry to hear about kitty!

I know the bloodwork is disappointing. Try and hang in there. You are worth suffering through these changes.

Damn Yankees! That's all I have to say about that!

Terry said...

Sorry to hear about your kitty.

Stick with what you are doing!! You are doing a fantastic job and it will turn around as you become a healthier you!

Kim said...

So sorry to read about your kitty.

Keep up the good eating habits and exercising, it sounds like you are doing well. Maybe, the nutritionist will beable to give you some good info to make those numbers starting moving down.

Karan said...

Don't lose heart, you've been doing so well - sometimes it takes a while for the changes to start doing what they're supposed to. My DH had to have his diabetes meds upped earlier this year & it's taken a while for his blood sugar levels to start dropping.Just keep on with what you're doing & you'll get there. :0)