Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering September 11, 2001

My prayers and thoughts to all those who lost their lives on that terrible day in 2001.

I was sitting in my USA HOME and had just turned on my computer and saw the news headline that a plane had hit the World Trade Center and thought that a small plane had accidently hit the tower. Minutes later my daughter called in tears that "her NY" had been hit, she has only been to NYC once on a great weekend adventure a few years before and a couple of times to a Yankees game in the Bronx. I am a native NYer, born and raised in Central NY and we used to spend 2 months there every Summer at my parents house. NY will always be my home no matter where I live and it effected me greatly. I turned on the tv and just stood there in silent tears looking at everything that was happening. Just 5 days before my husband had returned to the foregin country we live in and flew out from Boston, I was supposed to fly out the following week, but this changed everything. I changed my reservations and left 2 weeks later rather than 1 week. I was glued to the tv the rest of the week.

This day still affects me 6 years later as it does many others.

No comments: