Thursday, August 30, 2007

WOW! Something finally went right!

I had the chimney & fireplace checked this morning and for a change there is NOTHING wrong! It's perfect and didn't even need to be cleaned. He actually said it's in excellent condition and up to codes, just about the only thing in this house that is. Now if everything else would go as smoothly I would be so happy! He said the flue is HUGE to accomodate large fires.

The trip to NY went very nice, my niece's surgery went very well and she is recovering great!
I met up with my good friend Velda on Sunday and we had a WONDERFUL time. I gave her the surprise boxes I had for her and I'm so happy her dresses fit! She gave me a beautiful hand made sewing kit, I will have to post pictures. She also "Flamingo-ed" me, LOL, she gave me a flamingo so now I have to pass on a flamingo to someone else, so watch out, it could be YOU.

WOO HOO, the Yankees beat Boston 2 games in a row!!!

I'm still trying to get the mess with Enterprise cleared up but the Avis car was a mess! First the place was in a hotel and there wasn't much service there. The car was a mess, filthy inside and out, the defroster/defogger didn't work right, the front tires were messed up and the change engine oil soon light came on. I told them about it when I turned it in so I hope it gets serviced before someone else gets it.

No comments: