Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Time to re-group

In brief:
I'm back in the Magic Kingdom
I've gained back 10 lbs I lost last year
My diabetes is out of whack
One of my closest and dearest friend has cancer
Jet Lag sucks

So I'm back in hell after 5 months of vacation. Been back since Friday, Oct. 16, or whatever date Friday was. Vacation was too short, too many things not done. I ate stuff I shouldn't have but I did exercise. I joined a gym and went with a new friend I met on SparkPeople and she made me have the ambition to go. So now once I get over jet lag, I need to get back on track.

Yes, one of my dear, sweet friends has cancer. Both lung and brain cancer. I don't want to think about how much longer she has all I want to think about is that I WILL SEE HER IN JUNE OR JULY! I know she said not to cry but sometimes you just can't help it.

I didn't stitch the entire time I was HOME but as I was entering all my new stash in my never ending database I just wanted to start stitching everything! So last night (or this morning) I started stitching the Halloween Biscornu from Dinky-Dyes Designs.

Unfortunately I didn't count enough times and added an extra stitch on the square. I did rip out stitches already so I didn't feel like ripping them out again since I am using silk threads. I will just have to have an extra stitch. I do have the scissors to go with it.

I had an accident with my brand new car too. The day after DH got HOME, we were out and I just made a stupid mistake and smacked into a light pole. Nothing internal in the car was messed up, just the front right bumper. It did cost $3000 to repair but luckily insurance paid most of it.

So that is basically it. Sorry for the lack of communication, I hope to be able to get better about it.

5 comments:

Velda said...

yup sometimes you just can't help it..thanks for the morning tears..I think I needed them more than I thought ((hugs)) love you

Miriam Pauline said...

Just wondering yesterday if you were still in the US. Sorry that you aren't. I've got to get my act together and start exercising again. And I'm jealous that you get to see our friend in June or July--I can't seem to get Canada onto my travel itinerary no matter how much I try.

Karan said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. Sometimes life just sucks - big time!

Tammy said...

Sorry to hear you're so far away again.

Sometimes there is nothing to be done but cry. This whole situation sucks ass! Big time ass!

Sending hugs your way.

Kristin said...

Sorry you are stuck back in hell. And, I'm with you on the sometimes you can't help crying.

BTW, I love your biscornu.