Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Beading sucks!

I have been beading away on this and somehow even after following the pattern carefully it is off. I think the white beads are a bit larger than the other beads so I can't fit all of them in. There is supposed to be a pattern there but I can't see one because they are so squished together.

No motivational quote yet, the site does an update on Tuesday night but it is Wednesday morning my time so it won't be working for another few hours yet.

I did walk yesterday, talked to DD & my birthday boy. He was excited.

Had some yummy oatmeal today, I put a little bit of peanut butter and a tiny bit of cinnamon and some raisins in it. It was so good. Last night I made a chicken "pot pie" recipe from one of my diabetic cookbooks. I used my whole grain biscuit mix in place of "bisquick" and it was nasty. I think it was the parsley I put in it though or the fact that there isn't real buttermilk here so I have to make my own and that could have made it nasty tasting. The chicken slop under the biscuits was good it was the biscuits that were horrible.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Are you doing a full cross to hold the beads in place or are you doing a half stitch? Sometimes that can affect the way they fit. I have had patterns that I had to use a half stitch on or the beads would not fit.

Too bad the biscuits sucked. They are usually my favorite part of that meal.

NHStitcher said...

I"m using a full cross stitch. Maybe I need to use only a 1/2 so they won't crunch up?

Kristin said...

That might be it...they tend to nest closer to each other when you use a half stitch.

Maybe test it in a small spot before you undo anything?