Monday, January 12, 2009

Blood test results

Hey all lurkers & friends, I put my site meter back up so now I can see were you are all from. You are more than welcome to leave comments too!

I got the results backon Saturday from my blood test I had on Thursday. I don't know what the numbers mean but:
Thyroid level is 0.971,
HDL is 42.51,
LDL is 117.30,
Triglyceride is 187.79 which he said was high
Cholesterol is 178.62
Alanine Aminotransferase is 21 - no clue what this is
Uric Acid blood was 9.17 which he said was high
Creatinine, serum was 0.66
So he put me on Crestor & a pill for uric acid. He said it was gout but I don't have any pain.
I go back in 3 months plus see a diabetic nutritionist on the 20th.

I have kept up with the Boot camp challenge on Spark People. Today I did the workout for Day 8 & day 9 which are repeats of days 1 & 2, plus I did the bonus challenge workout and I walked 43 minutes which was 2 miles. Now I need a nap. And those 8 cups of water a day, ENOUGH ALREADY! 8 cups is way more water than I can hold, I pee all day and all night.

Last night I fixed YUUUUUUUUUUMMMY baked NOT fried eggplant parmigiana & creamy basil chicken. The eggplant was so good, instead of breading & frying, you bread and bake in the oven then layer in a pan. That is definitely a recipe that needs to be laminated, LOL.

I even managed to stitch a bit yesterday.

Remember that candy tray? Well it's not full of candy, all the candy that is there is what you see in the picture. There is a piece of styrofoam covered with foil and STRONG double sided sticky tape. Each piece of candy is stuck on with the tape. The pedestal tray that it is on, looks like something out of Great Grandma's attic, it looks old & "aged" but I'm sure it's still expensive. The chocolates are Belgium chocolates.

So that's my boreing sob saga for today.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Sorry you are having such a rough time regulating your blood sugar. I know how badly that is still frustrating Vic.

Chris said...

Hopefully you can figure out what some of the other test results mean.
Is it a good thing or a bad thing that there wasn't more candy than seen?

Margaret said...

I hope that you figure out what the rest of the test results mean!

That eggplant is making my mouth water...

Mary said...

Hi Robin!
Sorry to hear some of your numbers are up but it's good they can treat it. Hopefully it will reverse and you won't have to take the meds too long. I used to look at a website, http://www.bloodbook.com/ranges.html, to see what is the normal ranges for blood tests but I noticed that my test results from my blood work last month had different normal ranges but were pretty close. I'm not sure what Tufts Medical Center uses for their reference. Before my doctor's office went more computerized with results, I never got the "what is normal" range on my results so they pretty much meant nothing to me either. I just figured I was registering something so at least I wasn't dead and didn't know it...lol.

Your dinner sounds really yummy. You might need to post the recipe on your blog or give us a link to it. Yum!!!!

Let us know how everything works out.

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin

Jenn said...

I get my blood results today! Yikes! She actually called me in. I wonder what is up with that!

That eggplant sounds yum! What temp do you bake it at and for how long?

I haven't stitched since just before Christmas. I really need to!